"We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Waking up in Dar

I'm not sure if it's the Malarone or my exhaustion, but I slept so hard, I wasn't sure where I was when I involuntarily woke up.  A pounding on the door, followed by a rather incoherent me opening it to maintenance (apparently there was an issue with the air-con), woke me after about seven hours of sleep.  I opened the curtains to see a bustling Dar.  The Christian church across the street was broadcasting some sort of sermon over the loudspeaker (well, at least that's what I gathered as the occasional words "God", "Jesus" and "moyo" - which means "heart" were emphasized amongst the swahili I couldn't comprehend).  I'm that the early morning muslim call to prayer didn't wake me, though I'm sure that it will at some point during my trip.

Not much new to report.  I'm fed.  I'm still exhausted.  Here are a few pics!  Not sure when I'll be able to post again, as I'll be leaving the big city in a few hours.  Kwa heri...


No comments:

Post a Comment