"We are prone to judge success by the index of our salaries or the size of our automobiles, rather than by the quality of our service relationship to humanity." - Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.

Monday, May 24, 2010

100% Raised!!

A few months ago, when I first decided to begin this journey, I was a bit daunted by the amount of money that I would need to fundraise in order to pay for my program fee.  After all, $3763 isn't exactly pocket change!  As the first few donations came in, I was ecstatic.  As even more came in, I often found myself in disbelief and feeling somewhat "unworthy".  Still, after each donation, each demonstration of complete and utter support from family and friends, I became a bit more confident in what it is that I'm about to do.

As my trip is merely 45 days away, and most of the big "to do's" have been checked off, it's becoming more and more real...and more and more frightening.  But today, after one final, generous, and very unexpected donation came in, I found myself feeling more confident than ever.  I've decided that I'll print out a list of all of my supporters and carry it with me to Tanzania so that, during the tough times, I'll be reminded of all of you who believe in what it is that I'm doing.

I'm absolutely thrilled to look on my fundraising page and see the "100% Raised" that is posted under my name.  Adequate thanks is impossible, but please continue to accept the gratitude I am able to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment